In today’s digital landscape, LinkedIn has emerged as a powerful platform for professionals and businesses alike. With over 700 million users, LinkedIn is not just a social networking site; it’s a goldmine of opportunities for lawyers and law firms to connect with potential clients, establish their expertise, and build valuable professional relationships. To maximize the potential of LinkedIn, creating a LinkedIn newsletter can be a game-changer. Depending on your law firm and your goals, LinkedIn’s newsletter feature is something you should study.
The Power of LinkedIn
LinkedIn has become a go-to platform for businesses and professionals, with more than 40 million companies and a user base spanning various industries. For lawyers and law firms, LinkedIn offers a unique chance to showcase their legal expertise, share valuable insights, and engage with a targeted audience of potential clients and fellow legal professionals. 80% of B2B leads come from LinkedIn, making it an indispensable platform for law firms seeking to expand their client base and grow their online presence. This source can prove especially valuable for attorneys practicing business law, intellectual property law, and those attorneys looking to become voices in their area of expertise.
What is a LinkedIn Newsletter?
A LinkedIn newsletter is a content-sharing feature on LinkedIn that allows users to publish and distribute engaging content directly to their followers’ LinkedIn feeds. It includes a series of articles, ideally on the same topic related to your business and relevant to your customers’ needs.
Currently, the option to create a LinkedIn newsletter is being gradually introduced, but all LinkedIn users can subscribe to newsletters. Once they do, they receive both in-app and email notifications whenever you publish a new newsletter.
Unlike traditional emails or LinkedIn articles, a LinkedIn newsletter provides a more personalized and interactive experience for your audience. LinkedIn articles only appear on your timeline, so your connections can read them only if they scroll through their feed. A traditional newsletter sent via email appears in your subscribers’ email. With a LinkedIn newsletter, your subscribers get notified on both the app and via email, increasing the chances of it being read.
Why Create a LinkedIn Newsletter?
The LinkedIn newsletter is an excellent way to build a dedicated readership, communicate thought leadership, and foster meaningful connections.
- Establish Thought Leadership: Position yourself as a thought leader and authority in your legal niche by sharing valuable insights, case studies, and legal updates with your audience.
- Build a Loyal Audience: A LinkedIn newsletter helps you cultivate a dedicated community of followers who are interested in your legal expertise and services. Only those who resonate with your newsletter topics will sign up, thus refining your contact list and also improving engagement.
- Increase Engagement: Newsletters foster two-way communication, allowing you to engage with your audience through likes, comments, and shares. More engagement signals to LinkedIn that your newsletter is useful and relevant. As a reward, LinkedIn will share your newsletter with more people, thereby broadening your reach and helping you build more meaningful connections.
- Boost Visibility and Brand Awareness: By consistently sharing relevant content, your newsletter gains visibility, reaching a wider audience and potential clients. A LinkedIn newsletter also puts your brand in front of the right audience, serving as a powerful reminder of your brand and effectively showcasing the services you offer.
- Drive Traffic to Your Website: Including links to your website or blog in the newsletter can direct traffic and potential clients to your official web presence.
- Generate More Leads: By strategically crafting a LinkedIn newsletter, you can harness its potential to generate valuable leads for your business. LinkedIn is 277% more effective at lead generation compared to Facebook and Twitter. With a well-executed newsletter as a part of your LinkedIn strategy, this number has the potential to soar even higher.
Who Can Create a LinkedIn Newsletter?
You can unlock LinkedIn Newsletter access through the creator tool. This involves activating creator mode and meeting specific access criteria (see below). Existing newsletter authors will maintain access regardless of creator mode status.
- Audience Base: Members and Pages with over 150 followers and/or connections are eligible.
- Original Content Sharing: Evaluation considers recent sharing of original content, demonstrating expertise in creating LinkedIn posts, articles, and more.
- Adherence to Professional Community Policies: LinkedIn seeks members and Pages with a history of complying with their Professional Community Policies, ensuring a secure and trustworthy platform experience.
How to Create a LinkedIn Newsletter
Before you start creating a LinkedIn newsletter, keep these important points in mind:
- Access to publish a LinkedIn newsletter is currently by invitation only.
- You can have only one active newsletter at a time. Be cautious about deleting your newsletter, as you may not be able to create another one.
- LinkedIn restricts you to sending out one newsletter every 24 hours.
See Our Video on Creating a LinkedIn Newsletter
Helpful Tips for Creating a Great LinkedIn Newsletter
- Choose a good name for your newsletter. It should aptly describe what your newsletter is about while being catchy and memorable. It should also be consistent with your brand and the solutions you offer to attract the right kind of audience.
- Create a good description, as this will be the first thing people will see after the newsletter name.
- Personalize your content to resonate with your audience. Make sure to address their pain points.
- Provide value to your readers by sharing a variety of relevant content: industry insights, success stories, tips, and legal news.
- Use eye-catching visuals to enhance the appeal of your newsletter. This includes your logo and cover photo displayed at the top of your newsletter.
- Encourage interactions by posing questions and seeking feedback.
- Collaborate with other legal professionals for cross-promotion and increased reach.
- Stay Consistent. Send newsletters at regular intervals to keep your audience engaged and build anticipation.
- Optimize for Mobile. Ensure your content is mobile-friendly, as many LinkedIn users access the platform through their smartphones.
- Always include a call to action, be it to comment on or share the newsletter, or to schedule a consultation with your firm. Always give your subscribers a way to engage and take the next steps.
- Keep your newsletter concise and to the point to maintain readers’ interest.
Get Expert Help Creating Your Very Own LinkedIn Newsletter
Creating a LinkedIn newsletter can significantly elevate your law firm’s online presence, thought leadership, and audience engagement. With the power of LinkedIn at your disposal, you can take the next step towards establishing a strong professional brand and attracting valuable clients.
Creating content for your law firm’s newsletter and publishing them regularly can add to your already full plate, but we can help. At Green Cardigan Marketing, we understand the dynamics of LinkedIn and can help you craft compelling newsletters that resonate with your audience. Unlock the true potential of LinkedIn for your law firm with our comprehensive online marketing solutions. To learn more, contact our team today!